On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Yearly Mythological Mascot

I choose a mascot for the year for my engagement calendar monthly symbolism. Usually this is on whim the previous year.

2007, of course, was the pegasus for Protector of the Flight.

This year will be the sphynx. Also winged, but cat, not horse. 2006 was the centaur, which is mostly portrayed as male, so I wanted female.
Photobucket

I've been collecting images of the sphynx for a couple of years, (and hippocamuses cami?/seahorses for some year in the future) which will grace the pages of my book, but not here because most are under copyright. Since I've been doing this for about 10 years, I've already run through a lot of creatures.

The above photo is mine, taken by me on a trip quite a few years ago.

May you know where you're going today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]