On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, December 14, 2007

Writing Emotions

I cried when writing a tender scene yesterday. This is a good thing. True, I cry at almost anything. But at least I know that it touched me and when in the months ahead I've read the ms. for the zillionth time and NOTHING moves me, I'll recall that this particular scene made a small impact when I wrote it.

I think I've said before that I've had some wrenching scenes tear out of me that I didn't know would happen before-hand. The one with the greatest impact remains the scene with Straif in the ballroom in Heart Choice.

Danith's Passage in HeartMate was a scene that came from me that I thought was actually a step up in skill and technique when I wrote it. I didn't know I could write like that then.

So those two I remember. This was a small scene, a small moment, not one of the major ones, but I am pleased.

May you be pleased with your work today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]