On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Culture/Family Relationship Quiz

Set Up:

On our way to my nephew's birthday party, my Mom gave me the fluffy holiday top that I mentioned before, red with three black and white cats with green scarves wrapped around them. The middle one has, I think, a candy cane or holly leaves. The scarves have little white stars.

Now, this year was the first year in many that I could have worn a very elegant mohair holiday sweater I have to the two holiday parties last Saturday. This sweater is scratchy so I must wear something under it, and thus the weather must be cold. Saturday it was cold and snowing.

I wanted to wear the sweater, but I couldn't. BECAUSE, sometime in the future (probably this Saturday when I am dining with Mom and wearing HER sweater, the following conversation will take place).

Mom: "Have you been to any holiday parties?"
Robin: "Yes, two, Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers' and Rose's Open House."

Quiz:
And Mom's next line would be?


May you enjoy your family today.
Robin

5 Comments:

Blogger Catie said...

"Did you wear that sweater?"

4:09 PM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Did you wear the sweater I gave you?

By the way, try washing your mohair sweater and then soak it in water with hair conditioner (enough to make the water feel slick.) Rinse and let it dry.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gods, that sounds like my mother. Eventually, should I be so fortunate as to have my own children, I will say the same thing to one of them, some day.

It must be tradition. :-)

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"So, is this the first chance that the kittens have had to come out and play?"

My family has a very biting and dry sense of humor.

12:02 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

EX-ACTLY, All! Fiberfanatic, thanks for the tip, now to get the sweater out of the closet.

Anon. My Mom can do teasing with the best of them, but we do fall into this rote. If I told her of this, she'd have a comeback, but, actually, I think too much time has been spent on it already.

Thanks, all! This confirms that it is a portion of culture that is not unique to me.
Robin

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]