On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Indulgence

Yesterday I indulged myself by sleeping very late, and reading favorite books -- 3 of the 4 McCade Brothers series by Nora Roberts and one of my favorite J.D. Robb books, Reunion in Death. I like Glory in Death, Reunion in Death, Divided in Death and Survivor in Death the best so far. Immortal in Death is my least favorite, because, subjective reader that I am, it's the saddest to me.

So, I also finished reading a book for a cover quote, Ann Aguirre's Falling, an excellent science fiction romance that reminded me a lot of Serenity.

I worked on the Elements of Romance panel with my other panelists and emailed the handout to Mario Acevedo (loved his X-Rated Bloodsuckers).

Also handled some emails.

Still haven't gotten into a good schedule and am beating myself up about that a little. Surely there has been time?

I haven't heard much from my editor about Keepers of the Flames, so that's been hard.

And on that scary note I think I'll sign off.

May you know what you have to do today and get it done.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

Oh wow, you mentioned me on your blog. *grins*

The PTB at Ace have changed the title to Grimspace, btw. I have a lovely cover. You can see it here.

Thanks again for your time in reading it! Let me know if I can do anything for you. :)

10:28 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Woops! Just noticed a new comment. Grimspace is an excellent title, and I enjoyed the book.

Robin

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]