On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dedication and Acknowledgments

Keepers of the Flame Dedication and Acknowledgments are due next week (with other front matter -- I'm going back and forth with the art department on the maps, apparently the paper doesn't accept very well the kind of maps I do).

I'm not sure who to dedicate the book to. To readers and writers, maybe, or my fellow Luna authors, or what. Not to mention having no sort of lovely dedication.

As for acknowledgments -- no one except me has seen the book so far, though I've spoken to my mentor and critique buddies about it. OTOH, I've mined information from my massage therapist/homeopathic healer friends for years. And the web. I acknowledge the web for the sheer amount of information out there.

So I need to put my thinking cap on. Sewing pages together and need to get a good hook for the present chapter and onto the next. I think I told you that when I do this, word count is minimum, so I have a smidgeon under three pages right now. I'm thinking my 5 pages a day, with plans of binge writing/revising near the end, is still ok.

Heh, heh, heh. I write out of sequence, you know, and wrote the ending a couple of days ago. Actually, a little later than I usually do.

May you write whatever scenes you want to today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is a dedication really needed? Lots of books have none and are successful anyway! as for acknowledgements .... always skip them: just as boring as the ones in the Oscars! and no matter how many people are in the list somebody will be offended for not having their names mentioned. (waste of paper!, think of the saved trees!) More trouble than not! I think.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SKIP the acknowledgements?????


AHHH!!! I ALWAYS read them! I LOVE them! And dedications, too.

They are the untold story of the story!

;)

moon

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]