On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Conference 3

Good conference, EXCELLENT, motivational speakers, which is very important to me. I attended a couple of interesting seminars and, as always, learned something new.

Presentation went fine -- otherwise my day was disastrous. I think it was nerves and the fact that I raided my seminar bag (everything ready for a seminar, this includes book stands for most of my books, and books, but since the seminar was only a half hour I didn't think putting many books up was appropriate) instead of just taking the whole thing.

First I misplaced my notes (left them in the car). Then I misplaced my purse (left it in a seminar when I had to go out for a short meeting, then disrupted the seminar when I called my phone to try and find my purse). Then I left my badge on the table during lunch -- since it has my 3 RITA pins and 4 PRISM pins and my Beacon pin and service pin this is a big deal.

I like to give out goodies for my seminars, especially those on motivation, Self-Care Cards by Cheryl Richardson and one of my fav artists -- Jean Paul Avisse. Left them in my seminar bag at home. Went home and got them.

Unprepared to drive others to a restaurant downtown, I hadn't paid much attention to where I reparked my car and we wandered around the parking garage. Then I had to clean out book boxes, books, portfolios etc. from the back of my car so people could ride.

Yes, such wonderful famous, inspiring author things to do. I'm hoping that my stars were misaligned, but worried slightly about Alzheimers (my father died of early Alzheimers). But I've heard that if I remembered that I'd misplaced stuff, it was not Alzheimers. Whew, I think.

Felt like an idiot most of the day, but the seminar went well. It was the last seminar of the day.

I do wish I'd finished with "Go forth and write good stuff," but I was so relieved I just read the thanks I already had written on my last card.

So, go forth and write good stuff today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

Ack, what a day! =-(

Thank goodness the seminar went well. Did you ever find your badge?

9:32 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

LOL, we streamed out of the lunchroom, Linnea saw that I'd left it at once and called but her voice was going. Then a whole pack of folks, called...yeah, it's a good thing I'm not still painfully self-conscious.

Thanks Katey. I think I got about 5 hours sleep since Thursday, so haven't been operating on all cylinders...

Robin

6:54 PM  
Blogger Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

Whew! Glad to hear it's back where it belongs.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]