On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Journaling - Freewriting

I'm a firm believer in this. Sit down with pen or pencil and paper and write 3 sheets. Never letting your pen stop...this may be whining, a description of what's around you, or something over and over again.

Like Julia Cameron says in the Artist's Way, it usually takes at least 1 1/2 sheets before what's really bothering you comes out.

Oh, and yes, I HAVE "facilitated" freewriting before and will do so at RWA National Convention. I think I have 3 writing exercises.

May you put your true voice on the page today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]