On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, May 14, 2007

Plotter, Pantzer, Leap Frogger

Pretty much everyone knows what a Plotter is -- someone who plots the story before s/he writes it, and a Pantzer is one who writes by the seat of the pants (and sometimes out of sequence). I recently heard Leap Frogger. Plot 3 chapters, write the next 3 by the seat of the pants, plot the next...

It's an interesting idea, but I think I'll stick with my pantzing.

May you be proud of your work today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss your daily posts!!
Hope you will have lots of interesting anecdotes from the Conference!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I thought I only missed one day, but my schedule has been wonky, so I need to catch up...

Robin

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that matters is that you're all right...you're so regular in your postings that when one is missed we start to be concerned about you!

10:36 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, I was running short of sleep for a while during the conference, and yesterday morning had a horrible eye thing going on (think I scratched it and aggravated by spring allergies).

Robin

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]