On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, April 16, 2007

Supporting Other Writers -- Signings

This is very important. I will be going to 3 signings this week, one in just a few minutes. Of those 3 signings, all but one of the people have bought my books, and I know at least one of THOSE actually READ one of my books.

The one tonight and Thursday are for writers who are getting back into publishing after a dry spell, so it's important to support them. I can imagine contracts drying up (knocking on wood to prevent such a thing), so I'll be there with my money and will probably read the books, too (mysteries).

I read mysteries, but I'm not sure my mystery friends read fantasy, or romance.

Yes, I am late, and frazzled again because of this housesitting gig where the person wants me to stay overnight. Not used to the bed, for sure, and ran into traffic this am, so need to be earlier or later. I should probably find a room there where I can write. Mistook stairs for hallway on Sat night and fell a few steps.

May you get all the incredible support you need today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane P said...

Can you recommend their books?
I love fantasy & mystery books.

9:30 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Diane, yes I can recommend both No Laughing Matter by Irv Sternberg and Calling for a Funeral by Christine T. Jorgenson.

This Sunday will be vampire authors, Mario Acevedo and Jeanne Stein. Also good authors,

Robin

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]