On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Schedules

I DO believe in schedules. But it's beginning to seem like I believe in them in theory and not in practice. To my credit, I've been writing as soon as I get up, then eating then this, email and promo stuff.

I'm up at 3:30 am because I took a nap, and when I go back, I'll put on my earphones and do my meditation.

I'm also a little anxious about this house I will be sitting in a couple of days for a friend of my Mom's (for about 2 weeks). The deal is that I will be spending the night, and I have the usual worries about locking myself out and losing the keys. Spending the night at this place across town is going to throw my meagre schedule off big-time. I'm going to take my laptop, and may leave it there. Don't know whether I'll write, then leave, or leave early in the am and write at home, probably the latter. I'll probably be doing naps, too, since I have a water bed and the place has a regular one.

Yes, I believe in schedules, and Inner Creative Child is rebellious enough NOT to be regimented. Guess who's winning. I don't need a rebellious Inner Creative child on my hands (and if that isn't a rationalization I've never heard one).

Anyway, I've also been full of good advice for everyone from my massage person to my old critique group to here to my mentor -- ladling it out, not taking it. So I guess I'll shut up.

May you follow your own good advice today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]