On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

You Will Use Everything

Trust me, baby, this is true. I'd imagine its true for ALL creative artists, painters, dancers, poets, musicians.

A while back my entire family spent Christmas in Hawaii (Oahu). One of the things I wanted to see was the Buddhist Temple. Since we'd rented a car and the whole trip was to be a Bonding Experience as perceived by my Mother, we all piled in the car and I was mercilessly teased for wanting to visit a TEMPLE of all things (I think this was only our second day there) by my brothers who are typical guys. I think even my Mom (who LOVES churches) had doubts.

But all the teasing stopped when we reached the temple. It remains one of the most beautiful and spiritual places I've ever been and I've never forgotten it. I'm sure we didn't spend as much time there as I wanted, and whenever I think of the place, I want to return.

Well, I was writing Healers of Hope and the twins parents' are currently enjoying a trip to Hawaii...need I say more? Of COURSE the temple made it into the book.

You'll use everything, get used to the idea, nothing will escape.

May your writing surprise you today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

Oh man! I went to Hawaii 20 years ago and didn't know about a Buddhist temple.

Sounds amazing

12:04 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

It's gorgeous.

Robin

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]