On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, February 19, 2007

A Bad Agent Is Worse Than No Agent

On one of my author's loops we are telling stories about agents again. The above is true, and I have experienced it. I had a bad agent for a couple of years. I would make contacts with editors through contests or conferences and send her the information so she could forward my work. I got little feedback, but I thought she was doing her job. Hindsight tells me she wasn't.

This is what you need from an agent:

1) Enthusiasm for you and your work
2) Knowledge of the genre you're writing in
3) Good negotiator and good communicator

May you forget about the business of publishing today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]