On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Heart Dance Copy Edits

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Have arrived. Due in NY by next Tuesday. I anticipate about 24+ hours to do them, read through and fix a motivation thread. I have my mentor's notes, and glancing at the ce's notes I changed Dufleur's eye color somewhere through the book....

So my posts will be brief, probably quotes and little bits of this and that.

May whatever creative outlet you do fulfill you today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the hero of this book was introduced in HeartQuest his eye color was different after a few pages. Maybe magic, emotion? or maybe I din't get it right! Do you check this kind of thing too? It might be very difficult. Best of luck. Just ordered the book at my local bookstore.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Heartmate series and I can't wait to read this!

Terri

6:00 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Ok. If you're talking about Winterberry, I'll check Heart Quest right now, ditto with Saille Willow. With a person with blue-gray eyes, for instance, I might shade them either way throughout the book.

Yes, if I screw up eye or hair color it bothers me quite a bit.

However, Vinni T'Vine, the young prophet DOES have eyes that change colors, depending upon his emotions and whether he is using his Flair. That's one of the strange things about Vinni that freaks people out....

Thanks again,
Robin

6:25 PM  
Blogger moonhart said...

I LOVE Vinni!

Such a good boy.

;)

moon

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]