On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Writing -- Emotional Cost

Heart Fate opens with a couple of wrenching scenes, then goes on to only slightly lighter scenes. I've been putting the revision of the first two scenes off, because they CAN hurt when I write them.

I did a lot of writing yesterday -- additional wrenching scenes, and felt as wrung out as the characters.

So I guess I'm saying that if you believe in your characters, when you write scenes that hurt them, you can pay an emotional and creative cost, too. I believe, of course, that it's worth it, but know that you will pay.

May humor grace your writing today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]