On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Worldbuilding -- FOOD

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingOF COURSE there must be interesting food in your world. Or disgusting -- but definitely memorable.

HeartMate had cocoa mousse and I got to continue that throughout the series -- beloved of FamCats, and probably the best line regarding it came from my friend armoire-man "Never eat anything bigger than your head." And, of course, mousse may be an exception.

In Lladrana, Guardian of Honor, I had sweetcheese. Someone wrote me for the recipe. I looked around the web for brie in puff pastry with brown sugar and didn't find the exact recipe, but at least pointed her in the right direction. That really amused me.

So, have you salivated during your reading? I have.

May you bring taste into your scenes today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In some Mediterranean countries quark cheese, sprinkled with sugar or honey, is served as a dessert. Rather lovely too!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Oh have I ever.
I read a book once whose theme was chocolate.
There were recipes at the end of each short story. I made the chocolate truffles. YUM!!!

What a way to remember readng a book.. :-)

9:27 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

healthy eating, YUM! Yes, I think the sweetcheese might have orgins there. ;)

Michele, it's a lovely way to remember reading...

Robin

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]