On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, April 21, 2006

Heart Quest Cover -- Tell Me What You Think

Image hosting by Photobucket

I am NOT a pastel sorta gal, so this doesn't do a lot for me...if you can see the cover quote -- that they will be changing to something more punchy, like I'm a sensational author... I went through my reviews to find something. ;)

May your writing be sensational today.
Robin

7 Comments:

Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

The background is a little pastel, but the key is beautiful! I love these single-element covers.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

I love single-element covers, too. :) And keys. And...that purpley-blue is one of my favorite colors. I might buy this on cover alone, if I'd never heard of you. ;)

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will order my copy today!
The Key is great... a key to a fantasy world?... dreams?
Thanks

10:51 AM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Actually the background reminds me of marble. I like it. True, not jewel tones like you prefer, but still beautiful, tasteful, and elegant.

I like it.

moon

11:07 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Ooh, I think it's very regal-looking, what with the embedded jewels in the key. Very nice.

When does it comes out? Would someone new to the series (such as, um, me) enjoy it, or should I start from the beginning?

1:38 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks all. Since the cover was not too much to my taste I was really wondering whether to do my August-July Wallet Calendars for RWA, but I guess I will.

The key is close to one (a Kirks Folly key) I sent to the art dept (I think I posted some here).

If you want to read about the key, it does occur in the first few pages of Heart Quest which is on the READS page of my website.

Jeri, I'm weaving in several threads in Heart Quest and honestly, I can't say whether it would lose you or not. You would probably be safe with Heart Thief (and there should be a ton of cheap copies out there), since HeartMate is out of print until August.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Oh, definitely make your usual promo items with this cover. It might be less to your tastes, but objectively it's just as stunning as the others. I really love what they do with your Heart covers (and the Lunas, too, of course).

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]