On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Day Job Again...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Well, I have a new contract paralegal job coming up (hopefully, haven't gotten the absolute confirmation). I shouldn't take it, I'm under deadline, but the siren's call of steady (though short) income is too much to refuse.

It's data entry for two weeks and probably dead boring, but that's ok. Not challenging is GOOD. I've noticed that the mind compensates for boring if I plan to write after work (and I must) by thinking of good ideas, set-ups that (hopefully) all pours out when I sit down.

And for two weeks, I can write four hours a day, anyway, before work and after. I'll get up early (groan).

For you folks, it means that I'll be stockpiling blogs, probably beforehand, so if you notice any incredible mood swings, don't automatically prescribe medication...I may have written the blogs a couple of weeks apart. And I'll confess, that I'm writing the blogs usually the day before for posting – so that before I go to bed and when I wake up, I'm thinking of the book and not crafting the blog in my head. Any creativity at these times are now going to the writing, which is how it should be.

I may start tomorrow or on Monday.

May you cherish your writing time today.
Robin

1 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

Good luck, Robin.

And dull work kicks the creative juices into high gear. I can't tell you how creative I was when I was doing repetitive factory work.

moon

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]