On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, September 23, 2005

When To Quit The Day Job

I ran across this formula by Robert Asprin (I believe it’s him, if it isn’t my deepest apologies and I will correct). Quit the day job when:

You have 5 books published (each doing better)
You have 3 books under contract
You have 150% of your annual salary saved.

Depressing, ain’t it…most of my “extra” money goes to promotion/advertising. I’m going to Archon next week which will cost more than anticipated and I’m uncertain whether the exposure will help me.

Sigh. It’s Friday, I have critique tomorrow, but…

OTOH, my PRISM Winner pin came today, yeah!

Love to all,
KEEP WRITING!
Robin

1 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

YAY on the Prism. I sooo love that contest.

Terri

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]