On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, October 15, 2011

New Header for trial website

New Header for trial website.

I spent all day (and much of the night) making a new header for the trial website. I had sort of a pattern but didn't really think I could do it myself. So I've been learning my graphics program as well as wordpress.

All of the images are my own, of items I own (though the cats, of course, own all the items and the house and me), photographed by me. The art is by my wonderful friend Laura Givens, who is http://www.lauragivens-artist.com/ also working on an original header for me.

Whew. It's been a very intense week, and now I need to get back to writing!

Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger Betty Hanawa said...

are the titles going to link to excerpts?

3:16 PM  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Congratulations on the new website. I like the new header too.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Mikaela said...

I got an idea this morning. How about having rotating banners that reflect the desk of the MC of the upcoming release?

Or is this too much work?

4:44 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Betty, when I can figure out the code, I'll see if I can do that.

Mikaela, actually, I could probably do that. I DO know how to make Headers. Maybe something like "From the Desk of Kiri Palger, for Robin D. Owens...."

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]