On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, March 07, 2011

Heart Search Copy Edits

I've been avoiding the Heart Search copy edits...or putting them off until the Collection was done, then wanted to get some solid Enchanted Again pages under my belt. I didn't, but I DID open the edits.

So, here I am. I "got to work" about 40 minutes ago, so a little before 7. But since the laptop has a wider screen to see the comments, I am working on my bed. The day is gray with a skiff of snow that fell last night.

And I am listening to excellent music and on my bed and writing, watching the morning traffic. I am not standing out in the cold waiting for the bus. Or in the cold car waiting for it to warm up as I fight the traffic downtown.

Today life is good.

Of course there are downsides. I put in about a 10 hour day yesterday (with breaks) and stopped work at nearly midnight. I anticipate a 12 hour day today. Deadlines are hanging over my head like anvils about to drop.

No chatter of co-workers unless you count the word warriors writing group. Which, this morning is "I'm half way to my goal," and "go." The view is the bedroom, part of a tree, and a corner of a house and gray sky. When I did the day job, there were always incredible views. Not that you could see them today anyway with the storm rolling in.

Any donuts or bagels I get (none), I will provide.

But...still...and the work will twist my mind as I add in a thread...but I can fall asleep at my "desk" and still be cool except for the time I've lost.

Enjoy your work and your day.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger azteclady said...

Here's wishing you a productive work day, every day--and regardless of what you may be working on.

7:04 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, I know I've been slow in posting lately, but I HAVE been working.

Robin

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]