On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tools -- Software Problems

As you all know, I use wordperfect. I also have Word, and have loaded Scrivener. But I have trouble with Word...and this was emphasized lately when during my copy edits. I can't SEE exactly where the formatting is...say when a Fam's italic speech ends so I can add more...

And I have macros on my toolbar that will save to a flash drive and my hard drive at the same time, one push of a button -- or save to my new huge external drive and my regular drive at the same time.

And, of course, I still know all the keyboard shortcuts for wordperfect such as underlining and centering, etc. so I can time and use them instead of moving the hand to the mouse and back to the keyboard.

So, yesterday, when I tried to open Wordperfect X3 and couldn't, I had a real problem. Like you, I'm sure, messing with this took me all day. Finally, I just (hopefully) deleted the whole thing and put on Wordperfect X4 which I'd purchased last year but hadn't used.

And, yes, I'm still peeved. I wasn't ready to go to X4 from X3 that I've used for a lot of years.

I hate it when problems like this occur, and am considering actually paying someone at Corel to tell me what's wrong. I persist in thinking there's a simple fix.

Anyway, that's the news from SPRINGTIME IN THE ROCKIES.
Happy Equinox, and now, since I got nothing done yesterday, I will have start making up my deficit.

May you enjoy the equinox, and hope you looked at the moon last night!
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Ang from Oz said...

I would have looked at the moon, if the clouds weren't in the way. We had torrential rain all night! And software problems irk me as well Robin. Seems nothing works how its supposed to. Happy Writing! ;)

5:41 PM  
Blogger azteclady said...

The moon over here was...amazing is the only word. Bold yet ethereal *sigh*

And good luck with the software--I'm techno-impaired myself, so I sympathize (a lot)

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]