On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, August 06, 2010

New Heart Fate Cover & Page Proofs

Photobucket

Here's the new mass market paperback cover for Heart Fate, you can see that they moved the lettering so the guy's whole face is revealed (I'm not sure I want to call him Tinne, since he doesn't look much like, um 22?, to me...even though I've been emotionally torturing him for years).

I got the page proofs for Heart Fate yesterday -- a complete surprise -- and just stared at them for a while. That book is at least 3 and maybe 4 books past for me.

I don't intend to do any rewriting at all, but if I run across an awkwardly worded sentence or the use of the same word three paragraphs running, I will fix.

That's it for now.
May you enjoy contemplating your past.
Robin

6 Comments:

Blogger shari said...

I've read this book and I think that it's my favorite. I loved the little glimpse of the original colonist as well as the look at the theater on Celta

1:35 PM  
Blogger shari said...

Sorry, thought I was posting on your comment for Hear Journey, but the cover for this one looks good

1:38 PM  
Blogger N. R. Williams said...

I like the cover, Robin.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

6:16 PM  
Blogger Tannun said...

Robin,

When I click on the book covers they take me to a photobucket page with just the book image, why not link them to their amazon.com page?

Make it easier for fans new and old to get to the right spot for the right book to buy!

7:10 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Shari. (Author preening -- someone liked the latest best!).

Tannun, I scanned the cover and the photobucket is where I keep the scans of my pics. That's also where I make sure that they will fit on the blog. The amazon page with Heart Fate does not show the mass market version of the cover.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great book, Robin.

I really loved how you established Del's character at the beginning of the book and then showed how she slowly changes over time due to Raz and Doolee.

A subtle characterization.

Jennifer

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]