On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Story Kicking My Butt

This story is kicking my butt. I've written and rewritten a lot. Since I write out of sequence, I've also written stuff that I think will work but doesn't, then I spend hours trying to figure out how to MAKE it work and finally give up. I've now trashed the ending and about 3K words. Currently sitting at 9k+. I'm determined to get it done by end-of-day Monday. I WILL need beta readers who can do it in a fast turn-around.

May your hair stay the same color you want it today.
Robin

6 Comments:

Blogger Cate Rowan said...

I'm handing you some steel-toed boots so you can start kicking its butt instead. Let me know if you need an extra beta!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good Luck with every thing. Let me know if you need a beta reader. I can read fast. :)

3:13 PM  
Blogger Ang from Oz said...

I hope things start looking up soon for you Robin. Best Wishes!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Tannun said...

I'd love to beta read again.

10:51 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Naughty, if you can give me a yell, I'd appreciate it.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I emailed you back but then I realized that the addy was no-reply blogger -- LOL. :) What a goof.

Anyway, sure I will be online today, so just let me know. :)

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]