On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Blue Screen of Death

Yes, the desktop crashed bad(ly) yesterday. It is over at friends' who will be working on it and probably reinstalling the whole system. Sigh. At least I think it will be cleaner. I believe I lost only some research pics of characters, mainly because I subscribe to Carbonite (let me know if you're interested, 'cause I get a discount). It's about $55 and this is the first time I've used it in 2 years, but it has remote access that I can even get on my itouch).

That's the bad, sad news.

May all your electronics behave.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

Thanks to the technology gods that there is something like automatic non-computer backup. My computer at work has that, which is awesome, but I dread to think about loosing the stuff at home. Currently we are using a 500G external hard drive, but I never remember to back up the laptop because the external hard drive is always attached to the desktop my husband uses.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Cate Rowan said...

That bites, Robin! Hope you get everything back without losses. Good thing about the Carbonite backups.

I use a couple of different computers, so I like backup programs that also sync my files. That way, no matter what computer I'm using, I have the latest version of my work. I used to use SugarSync and now I'm using SpiderOak, which I really like.

Online backup is a great thing. We had a fire in my house when I was eight years old, so even though I backup locally, I really like to have an offsite copy as well, just in case!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

I hope you get your computer fixed soon, though I doubt they'll save what's on your hard drive.

They didn't for me.

Janice~

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]