On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, April 23, 2010

Of Cats and Dogs

The other day, my Mom (who has Wilbur the Wonder Cat) said she wanted more dogs in the books (or made some comment that I interpreted as that). So in the story I'm writing, there is a dog named Mel and two cameo appearances by Cats. Heart Journey, upcoming, has a fox and kittens, and since I'm really tired of kittens right now, Heart Secret has young cats of about six months. I'll keep more dogs in mind as I go along.

Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about a ferret? or a mongoose?
They are wonderful creatures.
Finished reading "Making rounds with Oscar" and during the week-end had a chance to look at a book entitled "cats in love" (all photos of cats in beautiful color, mostly taken in the Greek Islands) during a local Friends of the Library book sale, unfortunately somebody else was quicker to buy it!; very few creatures are as perfect as the cat is! or maybe another kind of feline?
Anyway I'll enjoy reading about any pet in the stories; they are always a refreshing part of the books. Thanks

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But.. I LIKE cats. They're awesome!!! (and also, well, I can't stand dogs). hmmm

9:45 AM  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

I'm thinking of putting a dog in my next ms. I got to think up a bred though.

Janice~

12:47 AM  
Blogger kris said...

I loved Strother. And Vertic. And the moles. And the FamCats. I am not a cat person (allergies), so seeing Strother and his eventual devotion to Lashin was a great story. Basically, I really like all the Fams you create/give voice too. A question, I know Trif's Fam's brother didn't due for Saille Willow, but where did he go?

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]