On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Readers Dilemma

Ok, I admit it. I have books stacked on the floor. In more than one room. So I have gritted my teeth and decided to "deaquisition" especially my mystery collection and much of my sf/f collection. Enough so the books on the floor can make it to the shelves. I have "research" books that I won't be using either, now that I seem to have found my major groove.

This is a big and messy process. I am listing what I'm giving away -- either to charity or a friend who is a bookseller and can use the books.

Even though some of these works aren't available electronically yet, if I really, really want them back (and some I haven't read for years), I will get them from the library or buy again.

May you enjoy your books today,
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Cate Rowan said...

Ooh, I hear you. After two moves in five months last year, my love affair with print books began to sour and my Kindle and I became very close. I still have way too many books and bookshelves, but at least I'm not adding to them at the rate I was before, and I'm re-buying my books (including your Heart Mates) on the Kindle to free up space.

And how much money have I spent on fuel and big trucks when moving my book collection over the years? I probably could have bought each book several times over instead...

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.paperbackswap.com isn't the cheapest way to get rid of books, but it is a way to potentially get some back... and it is a way I will use... oops

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]