On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, April 16, 2010

Time to Think

I am under a hot deadline, and I am THINKING. This irritates me, but I can't seem to progress before I figure the next phase out -- choreography wise. When will X take place? Before A or B? I suppose I could write it both ways, but I'd probably be taking the same amount of time...in any event. I do know this process works for me...so follow what process works for you.

May you enjoy your work today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

Robin,

Did you write Short Stories to get started, or Novels right off the bat?

How long from the time you wrote your first novel, til you sold one?

9:26 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I wrote a few short stories that never got published very early in my career and gave up. Then I joined Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers and began writing novel-length fiction. It took me 8-9 years before my 4th manuscript, HeartMate, sold.

My first book, like many first books, is unsalvageable. Books 2 - 3 were Regency historical romantic suspenses, one with paranormal, one not.

Robin

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]