On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, May 31, 2010

New Laptop

Yes, I took my well-paid (begging & pleading) hardware and software consultants to a computer store yesterday (ok, they took me), and got this new Acer Aspire 5732Z. Of the machines we looked at in my price range, this was the best. It also has the best keyboard feel.

So I am almost ready to go. Word doesn't want to load on this because I've reached my limit of installs (what with the damn crashes I'm not surprised), so I have to call up and speak with a real person, which can definitely wait for tomorrow.

Spoke to a writer I hadn't heard from for a long time last night...and we spoke about opening with a Single Character On Stage (I'll save that discussion for tomorrow).

And that's about all the excitement of writing in my life. Guess I'll continue to work on customizing the laptop. I eschewed Vista and got 7. Loaded my "new" Corel Wordperfect Pro X4 on it and it seems to be working.

Most of my work files were transferred last night via the newish external hard drive.

This machine is NOT getting City of Heroes installed on it, but will be a godsend when hot weather hits...I'll be down in the dining room, or even manage a desk in the basement.

May you enjoy the holiday and be pleased with yourself today.

robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new toy!
Wonderful once you get it to work your way!
Tried to see if I could download the Heart Books but I cannot find them; only the Luna series; are they in e-format? and if so where could I find them. Would like to have them in my new toy!
Thanks

5:20 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

**Sigh** The Heart series used to be available at bn.com and fictionwise, but they are gone from there (I had no notice).

They are still available for kindle, and I have an itouch that will read kindle, but that's it. I'm sorry.
Robin

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're available at kobobooks.com and at books onboard.com!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]