On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Surprise! Copy Edits, Page Proofs.

Yes, for many of us writers, copy edits/page proofs/galleys/revision letters come pretty much out of the blue. When the Heart Journey edits landed, I was given about 6 1/2 days to do them and return them. Other Major Stuff was happening in my life, and I'd planned on being away over last weekend for Karval Kon (and was, and took a print out and worked, too). So they were due today and have been sent.

The proposal for Heart Secret is due tomorrow and NOT done.

I HAVE asked for a general notification for the Heart Secret page proofs. I figure they, too, will hit at that absolute wrong time...

May you enjoy the sunshine today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Cate Rowan said...

Yikes, Robin--good luck getting it all done!

I'll be back in touch when your load's a bit lighter.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Tannun said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Tannun said...

Robin,

I see you won Pearl's 2009 Honorable Mention for Heart Change.

http://www.paranormalromance.org/pearl/winners.php

Congrats!

10:29 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Tannun! Yes, I'm pleased. It would have been lovely to win but Nalini is an awesome writer. ;)

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]