On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Real/Story Timelines

Enchanted No More takes place between January and March. I'm not quite sure when I originally wrote the first chapter, but I wanted it cold and after the New Year so people were tired of winter and the brownies were shivering on the porch... But I sold the book in April of last year, and began working seriously on it in October.

Since then I've been a little ahead of the curve (chapters 8-18 take place over a few days in February). But now I'm lagging behind, and the climax of the book will, of course, take place during the Spring Equinox -- next week.

Being "right on time" when writing the book has been a boon to me, since I can check out webcams at the various places and I can imagine the weather/air/atmosphere easier.

So days pass and I will miss the synchronicity.

Enjoy today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]