On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hook me, baby

These days it's usual for me to open up a book -- whether by an author I love or someone recommended and new and think, "Hook me, baby." The opening line/paragraph/situation are all extremely important to hook the readers and keep them interested in the story. I'm pleased to say that most of the books I'm reading follow the "rule."

The one book where I went "huh?" I didn't keep reading. It's still on my itouch, and I may get back to it, when nothing more interests me, but right now...and you see the danger. Anytime soon some other work may catch my eye and I might never read that story -- or author.

So, speaking as a Reader, you still have to hook me.

May you enjoy all that you read today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]