On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Promotion

Of course I should be working on the first chapters of my next Luna book, Out of Balance, but I'm determined to be more pro-active in online promotion, so I will be figuring out the facebook feed.

I think people have forgotten I'm out here...folks who read the first couple of books but haven't kept up. My website contest page changed, so I've been getting fewer entries. That's because I didn't keep up with the monthly content, I'm sure. I was extremely pressed for time with the last Luna contracts, but still...this is important.

So I'll be seeing how to link in to Facebook, doing more interviews, and have started an author page for 3 months with Fresh Fiction.

May you enjoy all you do today.
Robin

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always read your blog but I never go to your webpage. I think because there is always something new on the blog and web pages usually do not change much.

Regards, Ruth

5:31 PM  
Blogger Tannun said...

I agree with Anon, plus it's darn hard to figure out where the new content is on the web page! Maybe you can have a *new* flash at the link you've changed! ;)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Tannun said...

maybe you should start to twitter too. I follow LKHamilton's at http://twitter.com/lkhamilton

I haven't noticed any of my other favorite authors do it. But she has the most recent 4 or 5 tweets show up on her blog

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Ganne said...

I love your books, visit your website a couple of times a month for updates on upcoming books and to look for new exerpts and I read your blog - but I don't usually pay much attention to contests and rarely enter any of them. Someone else mentioned twitter but though a couple of other authors I read use it, it tends to irritate me more than anything, not enough info in the "tweets" to tell me anything and I suspect that it could eat up a huge amount of time on the writer's part. I'm looking forward to reading Heart Change on 11/3 and am interested in finding out more about the new series you are working on - so I will check your website often.

Thanks for all of your wonderful books,

Georgeanne

9:54 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

First, website, I WAS religious about this, but I let it slide when the press of work on the last two Luna books was so tough. So, I'm trying to get back into it. You can also find me at Fresh Fiction for the next three months.

A "new" on the website is a good idea Tannun, though I always update the Free Your Artist and Worlds page and have begun adding READS every month, too. I'll be more specific here.

I do tweet, very exotically, in a fractured Haiku rhythm, which means I don't do it daily.

Thank you, Ganne.
Robin

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]