On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Short Story Meme

As you all may or may not know, the only recent short story I did was Zanth and the Landscape Globe, and I need to revise that one. I DID try several short stories WAY before I got published, and I did publish the novella The Road To Adventure, but I am by no means a short story writer...still, there's something to be said for the exercise and maybe putting something up here or on the website.

So here is the meme, copied from Catie Murphy who nabbed from anghara, who got it from swan_tower.

Here’s what you need to do:

Give me the title of a story I’ve never written, and feedback telling me what you liked best about it, and I will tell you any of: the first sentence, the last sentence, the thing that made me want to write it, the biggest problem I had while writing it, why it almost never got submitted to magazines, the scene that hit the cutting room floor but that I wish I’d been able to salvage, or something else that I want readers to know.

I absolutely make no promises that these will/won’t turn into real stories.

May you enjoy your imagination today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

Escape the Moon -

I liked how Vampires and Werewolves were genetically created by man for colonization in outer space. They seemed to exhibit the best aspects of those creatures with out any of the horrors. Maybe that's because humans aren't around to mess up a good thing?

11:53 AM  
Blogger Tannun said...

Conquest by Brownies-

I love the play on words! How a Brownie (yes that extra inch means she's not a Pixie), who graduated from MIT, forced to work in an abandoned bakery, manages to get a seat on the Supernatural Council and affect real change for Brownies everywhere!

11:56 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Tannun, that's an excellent idea, and I'm surprised no one has done it!

Ah, Tannun, I DO have brownies in the upcoming Luna book, but this might translate into something else I'm working on. Personally, I've given up on making waves for the height challenged (me). I'm going to be a REALLY little old lady...

Robin

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]