On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Scheduling

I was slated to start the new Luna book, Out of Balance, today. But it's Thursday, and I haven't finished messing with Heart Journey. It's still quite long and I'd like to cut another 2K words.

So I am going to work (off and on, I have also been housesitting/catsitting which takes up anywhere from an hour to 3 of my time) on finishing up Heart Journey. I'd like to turn in Heart Journey by the 15th and haven't gotten comments back from my mentor.

Besides, since I had to rewrite the Luna proposal, the first chapters are going to have to be rewritten.

May you enjoy your projects today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

If I might ask...how many hours per day do you spend writing, on average?

I know it will vary by the day and the Flow, but I was just wondering, roughly, how long (in hours) it takes you to write.

10:54 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I am not necessarily a quick writer. So it's about 6 hours a day. I know others can work for 8, but after that time, my brain isn't functioning well.

Robin

8:02 AM  
Blogger Tannun said...

When you say you have to re write the proposal for Luna...

I thought you'd sold them a three book series. Did they ask you to rework the idea, or has this not been submitted yet?

1:58 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I did sell them a 3 book, submitted a proposal, 3 chapters and a synopsis. Got a call from my editor asking pointed questions that made me realize the story did not work. Soooo, sent in a new, revised synopsis.

Now that I'm starting the book, I have to rewrite the pages to fit the new story.

And that's how it goes...

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]