On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Office Efficiency -- Research Naming Materials

I have to talk about this today since my office is a wreak. It's definitely time to reorganize it, most particularly so I have my research books at hand and my software.

Lately I've had to search for the two "books" I've used for naming on Celta, Scott Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs and The Herbal Tarot. Some of my books are downstairs on the Dining Room table where the laptop usually sits, but it's coming winter.

My office is small, about 12 x 12 and has books on most of the walls. My desktop is big and the sun comes through the window all winter, so I should be up here writing instead of downstairs in the chill dining room. But books and papers are everywhere and it's gotten out of hand.

So cleaning the office a bit by bit is top priority (no, I'm not avoiding the Luna book, not at all). I'm giving myself a half hour a day so that it isn't ovewhelming but the work will get done.

Check out YOUR office. Are you avoiding it? Why?

Take care,
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My office at work is alway a mess. I know most of the time where things are in my piles so I survive. Organization is not a priority especially when working tons of hours and I seem okay in chaos.

Regards, Ruth (CO)

10:25 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

That's wonderful, Ruth. I can usually work in mess, but once I start losing things it's definitely time to clean up!

Robin

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]