On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pickier than most Readers...

That's what my mentor said (yes, I am weaving the last of the threads through and will hopefully finish today) when she returned Heart Journey to me. As usual, she said, I COULD turn Heart Journey in the way I'd written it in rough draft (or the draft I gave her), but she picked at every little dam thing.

So it got a bit frustrating at times, but now that I'm definitely on the downward slope -- I only have the climax to rearrange and I wrote stuff for that yesterday -- I am pleased with the book. It looks like it will be 108K+ but Heart Change was 113K+ so all is good. My editor might not likely cut the book.

I DID lift a few large scenes (which readers will see on my website), but some scenes were cut, like taking a character out here...so that's more promblematic putting on my site.

In any event, be pleased with yourself today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi ms Owens

Got my greedy hands om Heart Change this monday. Have just finished re-reading it. You have once more managed to fullfill my wildest hopes and done a five star book!

Thank you so much for writing so many books I love.

Eva
The Lurker from the North

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reader....I really feel envious!
I am still waiting to get my hands on this book. Can't wait and hearing about the next makes me really impatient!
Wish you would publish both at the same time or only 5 or 6 months appart.

9:44 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thank you EVA! Thank you anonymous. If I published things faster, it would be a wait until I wrote them.

I think Heart Journey will be out late summer next year, unless getting it in early moves it up.

The new Luna book (which I will start on shortly), will be out in 2011, just so I have a lot of time to do it.

Robin

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]