On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Electronic Submission

I submitted Heart Journey electronically yesterday. There are some things I hate about electronic work -- the copy editing in Word for instance -- but not printing the whole dam book (108211K in Word, 474 pages) TWICE as per contract, not going out in the snow and mailing it, is great. Yes, that was a very long run on sentence. Yes I should break it up. No, I'm not going to.

This morning I've been working on my annual flier for Mile Hi Con, which I will probably put up tomorrow.

I HAVE gotten one copy of the book, but not my author copies yet, though, as we all know, they are shipping and some have been sold. I'll be giving that away today for a charity auction, though I did scan it.

It IS browner/tanner and I'm concerned my name fades a little into the background, but it is still a beautiful cover.

Photobucket

May you enjoy whatever you do today.
Robin

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reader... Glad that Heart Journey is on its way!
Checked Heart Change at Amazon.com and Amazon.ca, to see if I could get it sooner than my local book store can (no dice!), but noticed that Amazon.com has a description of the book but not Amazon.ca or Amazon.co.uk.
I might be wrong but the description helps readers to buy.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Tannun said...

How many Author copies do you get? I think you should give away a signed copy to your faithful blogger readers!

I've already pre ordered my e-book copy, and I can't wait to see how it compares to the beta copy I read and commented on months ago!

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just received my copy today! I ordered it Monday online from Barnes and Noble. I can't wait to dive in. Kim

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. and since I cannot get the book yet... I went to Barnes and Noble to see..
There is a wonderful review!
I can't waiiiiiiit !

3:33 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Anonymous, thanks! I don't know if I can update the amazon.ca pages or amazon.co.uk. In fact, I fumble around updating the US amazon.

Tannun, I do get quite a few copies, it's in my contract, and I suppose I could give some away...I don't think it's terribly different than what you read, I modified the last fight scene at the request of one of my beta readers, and cleaned up all (I hope) of the discrepancies you pointed out).

Kim, thank you!

I do hope readers enjoy this one.

Robin

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]