On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Style and Voice

I lost some work this week, about a page, completely through operator error (and my wp backup was irretreivable, though that should not happen). I was most concerned because there were a couple of "lyrical" paragraphs in the work. I was very pleased with them.

I consider my style "workmanlike." It gets the job done. I don't craft every line to resonate with power. I don't have the time to do that, and I would if I did have the time -- though if you start noticing the words then I've lost you as a reader.

So that's my musings about style this am. I'd love mine to be more powerful and lyrical so it leaves wonderful images, but not so different from my own regular voice that you would notice it. ;) Writers are contrary creatures.

May you enjoy who you are today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]