On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Autograph

I recall the first autograph I gave. It was to Beth Anne Stekiel of Beth Anne's Book Corner at a Pikes Peak Romance Writer's tea. I think the tea was about this time in 2001, that is, before HeartMate came out. I had my cover flat and I autographed it and gave it to her.

I was very pleased that I managed to think on my feet when she asked for it, because I'd already decided I wanted to say something about readers (YOU) instead of me...that kind of blessing I try to do.

So I wrote: Booksellers make writers' dreams come true.

It's the same with readers. Readers make writers' dreams come true.

Thank you, and may life give you a special moment today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Oh that is so cool, and not really that long ago either.

Janice~

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psst... it's Steckiel. And it was a tea held by Pikes Peak Romance Writers

12:50 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Duh, I knew that. I'll change. So much for posting when I'm dead tired.
THANKS!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]