On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Process of Writing

Every book is different. I'm separating scenes into chapters with Heart Journey and there is one scene that still hasn't quite gelled in my head...or I know what I want to happen but don't know if I have the power of the words to do it.

So I will do the best that I can with the resources I have.

But not today. I may very well leave that scene until the last. I have the climax to write, and the last chapter, and then I might go back to the scene that is bothering me because it is not poetry.

Usually by now, I have written the ending and I might be sewing up the middle or the third turning point, but I still have the end...and I'm telling you this just to let you know that every book is different.

May you enjoy all your own twists and turns today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Good luck.

Janice~

1:23 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks. I actually still haven't gotten very far as I've been sick and something else bothered me.

Robin

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]