On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Your Own WiFi Network

Yes, I am single. Yes, I have a wi-fi network. I live in a 2 story house, and though this summer has been much cooler than usual, I anticipated using my laptop in the basement.

I can drag around the laptop from the front porch to the dining room table, to the basement to the bedroom.

I also have the new itouch toy, which Apple, in their infinite wisdom, has decided that downloading over a network is better than hooking to another computer via USB port. I still haven't configured my Documents To Go right...but that's for later.

So, yes, I am a happy geek with my network, it gives me more freedom than the huge cable-attached desktop in the office, and I recommend it as a tool for all.

May you enjoy what works for YOU today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have my apartment set up with wifi - it rocks! I use my itouch for email and many other things - although I admit to getting a new toy this week - a Dell Inspiron Mini 10v. I have been catching up on Lost on Netflix - works great! :)
Hope your new toy download went well - some of those take a loooong time to download.
May your writing go well today!

6:48 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Glad you agree and the download has been tough, mainly because the itouch wasn't hooked up to wifi and I kept having to leave to where I could get it.

Enjoy!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]