On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, June 19, 2009

??? Where Did The Time Go?

I was sure I posted today (all right it's now Friday but Thursday), but I guess not, so my apologies. For a long time a friend of mine, Glenna McReynolds said that one of her books broke her brain it was so complex and hard.

I didn't know what she meant until I started reworking the Luna proposal of Time Shifter. It is HARD figuring out some stuff. Like, of what use would it be to travel in time 20 minutes to 5 hours in the future...

In any event, the real big problems are the time travel stuff and the backstory -- once a battle but now be changing to a sneak attack. My brain does hurt, I swear my eyes is gonna pop outta my haid.

May you take it easy today,
Robin

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

20 min to 5 hrs into the future?
Heh.
Learn the winner so you can return to the present and place a bet for quick funding.
Check if the idiot threatening to jump off the building is going to do so, what action of the rescuers caused him to jump, what caused him not to jump, etc.. ad nauseum.
There have been several TV shows that covered similar ideas - either getting tomorrow's newspaper today, or being able to jump back only 24 hours or so. Most reasons for needing to know the future is either preventing an action, or taking advantage of a result of an action. It would do you no good to jump forward to go to the library and check out a dust covered book about history, since it was there in the present anyway.

Mare

12:48 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Hmmm. Thanks a lot Mare. That helps to add stuff to the mix!

Robin

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]