On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Tools & Toys, Monthly Charges, Dumping Emusic

I finally broke down and got a new PDA, an itouch. For a LONG time I stuck with the Wonderful Cassiopeia E125, and it still has features that the itouch doesn't...like being able to handwrite letters instead of typing, like having sound recording, like handwriting and drawing notes, and the general calendar is good. Want to put in Critique the 4th Saturday of the month, easy. Want to put in cleaning every 4th Monday, that happens, too. Not to mention syncing with the computer is great, esp. since my wifi guy hasn't come out here to add the new kid to the network, so I've been doing work arounds to get my ebooks etc. onto my itouch. But apps are long gone for the E125 and so is the support and the units themselves are disappearing.

Yes, I'm still peeved that Cassio was munched by HP and they both orphaned this wonderful tool which is STILL better in many ways than anything out there.

I didn't want an added monthly expense -- landline and cell phone and cable for internet all sucking up the dough, though I'm about to dump emusic because they are going from 50 downloads to 30 for their "lowest-level" customers. I can listen to Pandora and buy bits and pieces instead of whole albums that I have been doing.

Anyway, the itouch IS extremely sleek and so far the apps have been fun (when I've gone down to the coffee shop to load them). If you have wifi in the home, the itouch will work for you.

I've already sent and received an email from my agent.

So it will be good on the go. I hope, but the calendar and the ebooks was what I really wanted. To have books to read when I went to conference or retreat...a great boon.

May you enjoy your toys and tools today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this itouch from Apple? Can you download/upload your info into your regular PC?

11:47 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, it is an itouch for an apple. It does not communicate with commuters in a sync/linked fashion well. It likes to do everything by wifi, so I wouldn't have gotten it except I have wifi in the house...though it is secure and I can't (and won't) mess with it to try and set up the new one...so I go down to the coffeeshop to download stuff I've mailed to myself, etc.

I've found Readdle ok for the transfer of ebooks...

Robin

1:45 PM  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

I don't have wifi or anything that advanced.
Enjoy your new gadget.

Janice~

9:33 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

It will pick up wifi when you go out/travel...but I found that I really needed something in my pocket to replace my old pda...and just be there, even if it doesn't connect to the net.
Robin

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]