On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Website UP -- Excerpts -- Prize -- Worlds Page



Yes, I buckled down for about 10 hours and updated my website. My webmistress is questioning all this work and the cost effectiveness. But I do like to offer a lot of content for people roaming around my site and my worlds.

In any event there is a SMALL TEASER for Heart Change (note right now it says Cut Scene but it IS in the book. I'll see if I can fix it myself). It comes from chapter 4, I think.

There is also a CUT scene from ECHOES IN THE DARK. Both are under READS.

The WORLDS page has a color topographical map of northern Lladrana to the Dark's Nest.

Free Your Artist brings you a quote from Dr. Seuss this month, and the monthly divination is biorhythms.

The contest is for a postcard that is now discontinued of Nene Thomas's work. It's not up there right now (should be soon), but is above.

May you enjoy your own company today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looked at your updated Website.. THANKS! That goofy cat reads like he'll be great fun. I can hardly wait till November.
Thanks again
Marina

10:34 AM  
Blogger NewGuyDave said...

Robin,
I like the website. It's easy to navigate to different areas. BTW, those are some awesome maps. What do you use to design them?

5:11 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Marina, thanks, I have lots of Fams in this book so a couple are barely onstage, Beadle has his own scenes.

Dave, the worlds themselves are by Fractile Terrains (somewhere in this blog, under Celta, or maybe on my website, is a comparison to my drawn Celta and how I modified a "world" to become like it). The rest are Campaign Cartographer add ons. Both Campaign Cartographer and Fractile Terrains software are done by Pro Fantasy which can be found at profantasy.com

7:14 AM  
Blogger NewGuyDave said...

Robin,
I thought they looked familiar. I picked those up from ProFantasy last year and have played with them a bit. I didn't want to guess wrong, in case there are other great mapping tools out there. Anyways, great maps.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]