On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, May 18, 2009

9 Years Work, 1 flash drive

Photobucket

This is both interesting and scary. I will never fill this small flash drive up. I bought it to live in my purse, so we'll see how long it stays there before I need it and it's handy. ;)

The Heart books, in final form, are in the Celta folder, along with some info files I need on the world. All my working "Heart" files are separate from that folder. The Lladrana books are in in Exotic Summoning and my novella Road of Adventure is on here, too.

Of course not all the rough chapters and scenes and bits and research and images and maps are here, but still, to see how much drive I still have left after 10 years of actually writing is mind boggling.

May you enjoy the uniqueness of you today.
Robin

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't see the size of the flash drive. I'm willing to bet it's substantial though. Perhaps if you were using a flash drive that was available at the time of your first publication, it would be MUCH fuller!!

8:19 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Ah, it is 1G, I meant to say that. Which, today, is not that big...

Robin

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might like to remember that word processor files use very little space as opposed to photos, videos etc.
Do you use word perfect? or are you Apple

3:48 PM  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

You might want a back up for that flash drive.

Janice~

8:59 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Janice, the pink is the FREE space. The tiny blue is the used...I should have made the pic larger, but was feeling defensive about my files. I use word perfect, love it, esp. after the hideous rounds of first copy edits with Word 2003 :P Sometimes I COULDN'T make the paragraphing work and left NO spaces between sentences. Could hardly get around in the document.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]