On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Front Pages of Book

This is what editors call (for authors) such things as Dedications, Maps and Cast of Characters, etc.

I was in the middle of doing my circle of housesitting for Mom and friend yesterday when it occurred to me that I hadn't done my Cast of Characters for Heart Change to turn in with my copy edits that went in on Monday. I called my editor's assistant and told her they were coming.

Well I think that it's come to the point where I need a Cast of Characters for each Heart book. I kept it to Signet, the Hawthorns (4 including Cratag), The Vines (3), The Hazels (4) and Others (4), and one and a bit page.

Dedications have reached the point where I don't know what to say so I thanked my readers again.

When I finished Heart Change the last thing I wanted to do was a Cast of Characters, it seemed an overwhelming task. But it wasn't that bad, though I did forget a couple and so had to revise AFTER I sent it off. Sigh.

Anyway, I like maps and Casts of Characters, so I put one in. I didn't get to a new "Family Tree" for the Hawthorns like I did for the Hollys, too much thinking, and not as many entries, so that will go from the front pages.

May you enjoy all the little extras of life.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]