On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reading My Own Work

I hardly ever read my own work, mostly because I've worked so hard on it. If I have no other books in the car and am at catsitting or oil change somewhere, I'll reread something older that I haven't looked at for a while.

There is one that I tend to read more, and I'm not sure why that is -- I was reading it last night and, of course, found a typo and started re-editing -- but the one I re-read (bits, hardly EVER read any full book of mine), is Protector of the Flight. The scenes I like best are those when Calli and Marrec return to Earth, then go back to Lladrana. Actually, I picked up that book last night and opened it to the scene between Marrec and Jetyar and read from there.

I like this book, and naturally I like all of my stories or I wouldn't write them. I do know and accept that the work and the world won't speak to everyone even though my inner child believes they should... ;)

So, be proud of your own work today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]