On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, April 27, 2009

Stories that Escape

I had a really lovely dream before I woke up, full of hope and encouragement and accepting yourself (which is one of my main themes) and being yourself and finding love.

I would love to write this story, which takes place in the contemporary world...but even thinking about defining it for the blog has rubbed some of the magic off, and it would need work to really motivate the hero to be where he was (which was an expensive hair salon)...and now even more magic has rubbed away because it's becoming work on a page and pedestrian instead of the lovely feeling it was.

And I wouldn't be able to express that feeling in its full loveliness, I know I don't have the talent to bring to you what the dream brought to me. This story has escaped, beyond my skill to reproduce, the best I can do is work on Heart Journey with renewed vigor.

I could maybe touch you, but not leave you with the encompassing joy and love...maybe only your own dreams can do that.

May you dream true and beautiful today and tonight.
Robin

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

That's a nice sediment and I wish you well in catch that dream.

Janice~

12:17 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, it's pretty much gone, but I recall the feeling and that's good, too.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]