On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Maps Again


I am working religiously from 7:30 am to 10:30 am/11:00 am so this will be brief since I just staggered out of bed.

I had second thoughts about the map of Celta yesterday. The western part of the continents have been fixed for years, but the eastern I just worked on last year - this year. So I opened the maps and fiddled and finally decided to stick with this one where that huge finger in the east is, instead of closing it.

So much for an hours work...

May you enjoy playing in many worlds today.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

I like that, but no polar caps? What software did you use to create your map?

9:21 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I noticed the lack of polar caps, too, and am not sure whether they need to be there.

I think I've spoken of the Pro-Fantasy software before. This is Fractile Terrains and can be purchased as a single program.

The thing about Celta is that I had hand drawn a map, then imported it into PF's Campaign Cartographer, then finally went through a few worlds until I got something rather like it, and raised/lowered the water level until I had something rather like it. ;)

Robin

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]