On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, April 24, 2009

Daily Challenge

I think this has been the most productive week ever for me, and all because of the following provided by Catie Murphy (C.E. Murphy).



Everybody who comes in joins us
in writing like crazy for 30 to 45 minutes, after which we take a 10-15
minute break, stretch, compare counts, then rinse and repeat.

I've been posting the URL and the time frame daily on weekdays at
http://community.livejournal.com/toonowrimo, but the general window is
9:30-12:30 Eastern, and the chat room is located at
http://www.tinychat.com/vjp2m at all times.


Of course, to keep up, I think I'll have to actually plan out what I'm going to write and where it will fit in the book. I do admit that after the session (which takes place early for me), I have trouble looking at the writing later in the day. Hope I'll work up to that.

May you find new and productive techniques today.
Robin

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Alessa Ellefson said...

A very interesting way to go about writing. It reminds me of study sessions, except people here are gathering in a virtual world.

And if you're planning our your story before each of those sessions, you're actually making yourself work on your story pretty hard. It definitely sounds like fun! :)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Tannun said...

Is this related to Nanowrimo?

10:02 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Alessa, I will have to be planning more. Like tonight. ;)

Tannun, I think Catie started it one November, and I do know another informal NaNo will be starting in May. This is daily for writers for as long as we continue to show up, I'd imagine.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]